Catalogue Service for the Web (CSW), sometimes seen as Catalogue Service - Web, is a standard for exposing a catalogue of geospatial records over HTTP protocol. The catalogue is made up of records that describe geospatial data and services.
- defines specific Defence requirements, recommendations and guidelines for implementations of the OGC Catalogue Service for the Web 2.0.2 standard
- is based on OGC’s CSW 2.0.2 (OGC 07-006r1) and CSW ISO 1.0 (OGC 07-045)
- supports ISO 19115:2003 metadata encoded in ISO 19139 format
- supports ISO 19119:2006 service metadata standard
- enables catalogue and discovery of geospatial data and services within a multinational coalition
- minimises catalogue interoperability issues specific to a military context
- mandates minimum usability requirements for the operational coalition environment
- Future work will address the Requirement to support ISO 19115:2014 (which replaces ISO 19115:2003 and ISO 19119:2006) and its associated encoding ISO 19115-3:2014 (which replaces ISO 19139).
- Considerable experimentation is being undertaken within the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) around the use of the W3C Digital Catalog Vocabulary (DCAT). The use of DCAT, once standardized in the OGC, may be relevant to this profile.
- A new OGC API-Records is in preparation within Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC).
|DGIWG #||Document Title (Click to Download)||Edition||Edition Date|
|125||Defence Profile of OGC Catalogue Service for the Web 2.0||1.0.1||2018-03-01|